Sunday, May 23, 2010

Games in the Sand

Wednesday we had all morning off, so we got to sleep in! The group converged at Entre Masas, which is a really good empanada place right down the street from our hotel. I think most people stuck with having empanadas for lunch, but a good amount of us blindly ordered something else from the menu. I ended up with a huge shrimp salad! It was nice to finally get some veggies. Obviously, I had a shrimp empanada on the side :)
The rest of our day was open for games on the beach! Mimo and Daniela met up with us at the hotel. Unfortunately, Mimo had to leave us because he had a wedding to attend in New York. It was no fun saying our goodbyes so early.

Doesn't he look spiffy, though?
We walked to the beach with Daniela and got some group volleyball and soccer time in. German and Mauricio showed up a little later, and the USM kids had us playing some strange games. I won't go in to detail, but there were balloons, ping pong balls, and a lot of human contact involved. It was a bonding experience, I'd say! We got some traditional tug-of-war in there, too. There was a friendly doggy playing with us all afternoon. He was a big fan of chasing handfuls of sand that we threw. A few people got in the water.. I'm kind of upset I didn't bring my bathing suit because it was a beautiful day!

We randomly met a kid that was from Alaska. He's in Chile for a month just for the heck of it, it sounds like. I think we were all jealous of that.
We had our last salsa class at the university that night. Since it had been a while since we had taken a class, we were a little bit rusty, but it was fun nonetheless! We'll have to make sure to take our dancing knowledge back to the states.
We went to Café Journal again for International Night. We found our Alaskan friend there! Mine and Jessica's volleyball friend, Niko, showed up, too. I'd say it was a successful evening overall :)

No comments:

Post a Comment